URGENT Coronavirus Announcement
If you have a new continuous cough OR fever (37.8 or above) you must self isolate for at least 7 days (this includes children). If you are symptom free after 7 days you can return to your normal routine.
If you live with other people THEY should stay at home for at least 14 days to avoid spreading the infection outside the home.
After 14 days, anyone you live with who does NOT have the infection can return to their normal routine. But, if anyone in your home gets symptoms they should stay at home for 7 days from the date their symptoms start (even if this means staying at home for longer than 14 days).
Contact NHS 111 website for advice. Avoiding all social contact is particularly important for those aged over 70 years, pregnant women and those with some health conditions. Please check the NHS 111 Coronavirus site for details.
Linkway and our branch site at Dartmouth are now providing telephone triage appointments which are availabe using the SystmOne App (registration available via link in this website) or the NHS App or by telephone. DO NOT COME INTO SURGERY to make an appointment. Repeat Prescriptions will be sent directly to your nominated pharmacy, please let us know if you have not already nominated a pharmacy. This is the new national guidance with the aim of keeping the GP service open to our patients.
Thank you for complying with this action.
If you require a self isolation note for your employer because you have been advised to isolate, please use the NHS 111 website https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
We are committed to:
- Provide a high standard of medical care.
- Ensure that patients are seen by the most appropriate healthcare professional as quickly as possible.
- Provide patients with an experience and environment that is comfortable. Friendly, professional and covers all aspect of health and safety requirements.
- Involve other professionals in the care of our patients where this is in the best interests for example referral for specialist care and advice.
- Ensure all members of our team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently.
- Guide all staff in accordance with diversity and equality.
- Treat all patients with dignity and equality.
- Continually improve the lines of communication to patients using the latest technologies as appropriate.
- Develop new ways to educate and inform patients in order to encourage patients to be pro-active in their health and well being.
- Ensure effective and robust information and Clinical Governance systems.
- Continue to improve our healthcare services by monitoring and auditing.
Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm
Wednesday 8.00am - 1.00pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm
Thursday 8.00am - 1.00pm
To help ease the demand on the practice telephone system please can you AVOID ringing the practice during busy times (8.00 - 10.00am) during Monday to Friday for all NON-URGENT requests.
Practices are working in partnership to provide additional GP appointments between 6.30pm – 8pm during the week and also over the weekend, If you need access to an evening or weekend non-urgent appointment, please call and speak to the receptionist at your registered practice during normal opening hours.
Your appointment may be with another practice in the area and may not be at your registered practice (see our Newsletter for details)
Dr David Winteler
Dr Kamlesh Rana
Dr Claire Jones
Dr James Tomlinson
Dr Emma Langeveldt
Dr Mary Horton
Dr Dominic Williams
Dr Shamaila Khalid
Dr Amandeep Sidhu
Click Here to view the report from our Patient Participation Group.
The Linkway Medical Practice is situated in the Lyng Health Centre in the centre of West Bromwich. The Central Bus and Metro Tram Stations are a short walk away. There is a 'Pay and Display' Car Park (free parking for the first 1.5 hours) and full access for the disabled.
Dartmouth Medical Centre is situated 2 minutes walk from the main high street in West Bromwich and directly opposite the Dartmouth tram stop. There are dedicated patient parking facilities including disabled parking.
Central Clinic is on the main 74 bus route between Great Bridge and Dudley Port.
We have an internet service for our patients which gives them access to booking appointments, ordering repeat prescriptions and detailed or summary of your medical records. Please see our Online Services Leaflet or ask at reception for more details. The service is available 24 hours a day and is used via a security password.